This course will take participants on a step-by-step journey through what it means to have autism and how that can impact communication, social interaction, imagination and behaviour. We will look at strategies and techniques to support those with an autism diagnosis.
- Understanding what is meant by autism and neurodiversity
- The history and current understanding
- The impact on communication, social interaction and behaviour
- Identifying and utilising strengths in neurodiverse individuals
- Accessing support and resources