Dementia affects brain function. Around 850,000 people in the UK are affected by dementia and this figure continues to rise as the population grows.
This course will take participants on a step-by-step journey through what it means to be affected by dementia, how it can impact on the person and those around them. Leaners will develop strategies and techniques to support those with dementia and those close to them. We will look at the brain, trigger points, environmental factors and challenging behaviour.
- Define the basic concepts and theories relating to dementia
- Understand the prevalence of dementia in a growing population
- Relate to the difficulties that people living with dementia may experience
- Learn about strategies and person centred care to support people living with dementia
- Have increased confidence in working with people living with dementia