This course is designed to provide an understanding of learning disabilities and how they can affect individuals. Learners will look at how to improve communication and interaction with people who have learning disabilities.
- Define learning disabilities and identify differences
- Understand the challenges faced by people with learning disabilities and how this may affect their lives
- Identify and use appropriate communication strategies for interacting with people with learning disabilities
- Understand the importance of inclusive approaches in supporting people
- Learn relevant legislation and policies