Successful communication is at the heart of every organisation. When communication breaks down or conflicts arise conversations need to be tackled in a thoughtful, fair and professional way. This course will teach learners at all levels of an organisation how to handle these challenges in the workplace. Learners will identify potential issues in language, meaning and personality traits, and practice positive conversations to resolving situations and disarming conflict.
- Understand what we mean by difficult conversations and what constitutes conflict
- Understand the challenges that create difficult situations in the workplace
- Identify approaches and techniques to handling difficult conversations
- Develop communication skills in active listening skills and body language
- Learn your own mediation style appropriate to your personality and workplace culture
- Grow confident in predicting, confronting and reporting critical situations before escalation