This course gives the skills, knowledge, and confidence to support colleagues and improve workplace wellbeing. We will look at the aspects of our lives that mental health can affect and put a spotlight on strategies for identifying conditions and techniques for managing our own and others’ mental health.
We will look at mental health and associated stigmas with a view to developing cultural changes in the workplace and having open, honest communications. We will learn about self care, the benefits of mindfulness and develop an action plan.
- Explore what is meant by mental health and wellbeing
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems
- Explain the relevance of mental health in the workplace
- Develop strategies for dealing with stigma
- Understand the importance of self care and signposting to further resources