Gain the First Aid for Mental Health for Children and Young People (SQA Level 5 Scotland, Ofqual RQF Level 2 England) certificate by studying learning resources either online over webinars at your own pace or in person in the classroom guided by a qualified Trainer/Assessor. This course will provide you with the knowledge to identify mental health conditions and the skills to start a conversation surrounding mental health for children and young people.
Learners will be given a manual, resources and personal tutor guidance throughout the modules. On successful completion of the assessment, learners will receive an accredited certificate for the Award in First Aid for Mental Health (SQA Level 5 Scotland, Ofqual RQF Level 2 England) which is valid for 3 years.
Mental health and wellbeing are crucial for children and young people, and this course aims to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to identify and provide support for mental health conditions.
- Understand the concept of First Aid for Mental Health
- Recognise and identify mental health conditions in children and young people
- Start conversations around mental health and provide advice
- Understand the impact of drugs and alcohol on mental health
- Develop a First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- Provide support for mental health in the workplace