This course encourages promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in teams and builds confidence in providing initial support. Managers will look at mental health and associated stigmas with a view to developing cultural changes in the workplace and having open, honest communication surrounding mental health. Managers will learn about self care, the benefits of mindfulness and develop an action plan for themselves and their teams.
- Explore what is meant by mental health and wellbeing
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems
- Explain the relevance of mental health in the workplace
- Develop strategies for dealing with stigma
- Understand the importance of self-care and signposting to further resources