In the UK, suicide is the leading cause of death among young men. This course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to intervene in potential suicide situations involving children and young people. The course is led by experienced trainers. It uses case studies and role-play scenarios to practise interventions and prepare participants for real-life situations.
- Understand the meaning of suicide in our culture, particularly for children and young people
- Identify the reasons behind thoughts of suicide
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of suicide risk
- Know how to intervene in a potential suicide situation
- Have an awareness of professional and self-care support available for those involved in suicide intervention