People who think about suicide don’t want to die, they just want to stop the way they are feeling. This important issue is discussed in a safe space with health professionals. This course dispels the myth that talking about suicide can increase suicide. You will look at the reasons people contemplate suicide, the role of stigma and learn about interventions.
- Understand the meaning of suicide in our culture
- Know the reasons behind thoughts of suicide
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of a risk of suicide
- Apply a suicide intervention (the ASK™ acronym)
- Have an awareness of professional and self care support