Mental Health Awareness
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Increase awareness of mental health and wellbeing
- Develop strategies for dealing with stress
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- Understand the importance of self-care
Some facts about mental health
- Mixed anxiety and depression are the most common mental disorders in the UK with almost 8% of people meeting the criteria for diagnosis.
- These more common mental health problems are distributed across society according to a gradient of economic disadvantage.
- Mixed anxiety and depression result in an estimated 20% of days lost from work in the UK
- 33% of Scots will suffer from poor mental health
- 92% of the British public believe that revealing they have mental ill health will damage their career
The course looks at the aspects of our lives that mental health can affect and it also puts a spotlight on strategies for identifying stress, how we respond to stress and techniques for changing those response mechanisms.
Participants will spend some time looking at various types of mental ill health and also associated stigmas with a view to developing cultural changes in the workplace and honest, open communications surrounding mental health. Self care and the benefits of mindfulness with an associated action plan are all part of the materials in this programme.
The course will also provide participants with an invaluable set of resources including podcasts, additional courses for those that want to take their learnings further, reading materials and links to accredited organisations.
You may also be interested in our associated course: Mental Health First Aid.
For further information about costs / schedule / availability or queries about this or any of our other courses – please contact email@example.com.