Everyone has mental health. Living in today’s world can be stressful. Mental health is a spectrum. It can fluctuate with what life can throw at us. In this Mental Health First Response course we will look at what mental health means and how it can affect our lives. We will learn about the different conditions that people may experience and what we can do to help them and ourselves. We will look at how reducing stigma and changing culture can help us all live mentally healthier lives.
This course builds on other excellent Mental Health First Aid courses offered around the country. Building resilience is at the heart of all our courses and alongside important mental health education you’ll receive a package of self-care and evidence-based strategies for dealing with your own and others’ mental health.
On successful completion of the assessment, learners will receive an accredited CPD certificate and points.
- an understanding of mental health, wellbeing and mental health conditions in current times
- the ability to recognise a mental health emergency and know how to signpost effectively
- an understanding of risk factors, including the effects of isolation, stress,
- developed listening skills and confidence in encouraging open conversations about mental health, wellbeing and self care strategies for themselves and others.
- What is mental health?
- What can affect mental health?
- Common conditions, signs and symptoms
- Starting conversations and listening skills
- Supporting a mental health crisis
- Promoting positive mental health.
This course can be delivered with “add-on” modules for specific audiences such as the hospitality sector, working with children and young people and the construction industry. Get in touch to discuss specifc needs for your workplace.