Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the basic concepts and theories relating to dementia
- Understand the prevalence of dementia in a growing population
- Relate to the difficulties that people with dementia may experience
- Learn about strategies and person centred care to support people with dementia
- Increase confidence in working with people with dementia
Dementia affects brain function. Around 850,000 people in the UK are affected by dementia and this figure continues to rise as the population grows.
This course will take participants on a step-by-step journey through what it means to be affected by dementia, how it can impact on the person and those around them and how to develop strategies and techniques to support those with dementia and those close to them. We will look at the brain, trigger points, environmental factors and challenging behaviour.
The course can be delivered face to face, live online (webinar style), through self directed study or as a combination of blended learning. It will also provide participants with an invaluable set of resources including podcasts, interactive media and additional courses for those that want to take their learning further, reading materials and links to accredited organisations.
For further information about costs / schedule / availability or queries about this or any of our other courses – please contact hello@digitalbrickslearning.